We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CTRL may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st February 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and accounting
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, market updates, legislation updates, news, case studies and other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at:
CTRL Marine Solutions Limited
White Chapel Building, 2nd Floor
10 Whitechapel High Street
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Protection Notice
The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about an individual, such as their name, job description, health related data, birthday, email address or mailing address.
By registering your Personal Data with us either through our website or providing information to us in any other way, you have consented to us processing your personal data for specific purposes, including providing technical, risk, claims and legal services, complying with a legal requirement, accounts administration, customer services, credit checks, fraud prevention and marketing our products and services.
In order to provide these services, we may disclose your Personal Data to other third parties who act for us for further processing.
We will use your contact details to keep you informed by post, email or telephone of our additional products or services and developments within the insurance and shipping sectors which may be of interest to you. Please note that your details may continue to be used for these purposes after we have ceased to act for you. If you do NOT wish your contact details to be used for marketing purposes as set out above, please email or write to us at the address given below.
With certain exceptions, and on payment of a small fee, we will disclose to you the Personal Data that we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any inaccurate data and you may inform us of any such changes by email or by writing to us at the addresses given below. We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal, ethical or document retention requirements.
If you have any questions about this Data Protection Notice, to unsubscribe or amend your personal data or to request deletion, a copy of your personal data or any further queries, please email or write to us.
|CTRL Marine Solutions Limited
White Chapel Building, 2nd Floor
10 Whitechapel High Street
Sign up to our latest news alerts
Enter your contact details to receive our news and insights.